Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jay-Z interrupts Kanye West’s acceptance speech at BETs


KANYE West scandalously crashed the stage during Taylor Swift’s speech at the VMA’s in 2009 but last night he got a taste of his own medicine.

The rapper was forced to face the music at last night’s BET awards, when Jay-Z mocked his infamous interruption as the pair accepted the award for Best Video.
As Kanye began to make his speech for their track Otis, his pal stepped in and said: “Excuse me, Kanye, I’m going to let you continue, but...” prompting the crowd to roar with laughter.
The music mogul was referring to Kanye’s protest when Taylor Swift beat Beyoncé to win Best Female Video in 2009.
He cut off the teen singer, grabbing the mic to say: “'Yo Taylor. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time.”
Jay-Z’s gag seemed to go down well with the Touch The Sky star, who laughed “'I am trying to defend your girl, man!”
Beyoncé, the Jigga Man's wife, was seen sniggerring along with Kanye's lover Kim Kardashian.
Kim later tweeted: “I'm so happy for my baby tonight! Dope performance & won some BET Awards!”
Beyoncé had been embarrassed by Kanye’s VMA outburst in 2009, and sportingly had Taylor join her on stage when she picked up an award for the track Single Ladies.
After being removed from the awards show, Kanye took to his blog to apologise.
He wrote: “I’m sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom. I’m in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment.
"Beyoncé’s video was the best of this decade. I’m sorry to my fans if I let you guys down. I’m sorry to my friends at MTV. I will apologise to Taylor.”
Kanye has a history of pulling stunts at awards shows. During the 2007 VMAs in Las Vegas, he went on another rant after he was annoyed with his performance being set in a hotel suite rather than on stage, and in 2004 declared he was robbed of Best New Artist at the American Music Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment